Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easy Pad Thai

Oh my!  I apologize that I have been feeling in a bit of a blogging rut lately!  There has been no shortage of amazing food being cooked in our kitchen, but I have been awful about taking pictures before its all scarfed down and just really lazy about sharing the recipes with you when I do get pictures!  I am months behind, so I thought I might feel some new enthusiasm if I started sharing more recent recipes.

This one is super quick to throw together, and pretty much just incredible.  While I didn't think it tasted exactly like the "pad thai" I've ordered in thai restaurants, it was still pretty darn tasty.  In fact, I'm making it again this coming week.  We have been craving asian inspired meals in our household lately, so keep watch for more similar recipes!




Easy Pad Thai
via Bev Cooks
yields 2 large servings (I would totally double this recipe!)

 
7 ounces pad Thai noodles (or any rice noodles)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 eggs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoons sriracha
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1 cup cilantro
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
 
 
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the noodles. Let sit roughly 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain and rinse under cool water.
 
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium. Crack the eggs and scramble until set, 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
 
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, lime juice, olive oil and brown sugar. Whisk until combined.
 
Back in the large skillet, combine the noodles, Thai dressing, bean sprouts, scrambled eggs, cilantro and scallions. Toss until combined.
 
Serve garnished with peanuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment