Thursday, November 1, 2012

Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic

I love roasted veggies.  There is something about roasting them that really deepens the flavor and gives them the best crispy texture!  I've never thought about roasting peppers for a side dish until I had them this way from the hot bar at whole foods.  They were so tender but still crispy!  I knew I needed to add some roasted garlic and after searching a few recipes I decided to toss them in a little balsamic too.  They are soo good.  I've found myself making them again the following week and wanting to again next week, at least for lunches!  





Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic

1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1/2 cup baby carrots
1 cup halved mushrooms
3 garlic cloves, minced 
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tablespoon balsamic
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt & pepper

Chop onion & peppers into large bite-sized pieces.  Place onions, peppers, and carrots in a single layer on baking pan.  Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic, basil, salt, and pepper.  Toss to coat, then bake at 375 for 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and add mushrooms.  Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, balsalmic, and additional salt if desired and toss to coat.  Bake for an additional 15 minutes until veggies are tender and slightly browned on the edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment