Monday, April 23, 2012

Green Chili Burgers w/ Carmelized Onions, Pepperjack, & Avocado

Whew!  Quite the long title, but sometimes I feel like its necesary for you to know what's all in there!  These were absolutely the best burgers I've made, but it wasn't all do to the toppings.  I know many people know of this secret, but in case you don't I'm here to share it with you since I just found out!  Onion Soup Mix!  All you have to do is mix it into your ground beef and you will have the most flavorful burgers.  I don't know where I ran across this idea of Green Chili Burgers.  I know I've seen it somewhere, but I can't remember.  The combo was so good though.  A little bit of a kick from the chilis (but not too spicy) and the pepper jack and the sweetness of the onions & the avocado. 

I also made these pretzel rolls which were great buns, but I'm not sure if they were worth the trouble.  I just don't think mine turned out right, so I probably won't post the recipe, but feel free to follow the link if you would like!




Green Chili Burgers w/ Caramelized Onions, Pepper jack & Avocado

1 pound ground beef
1/2 packet onion soup mix
4 slices pepper jack cheese
4 buns of choice
1 7 oz can diced green chilis
1 or 2 onions (I used both white & red)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1 avocado
mayo (optional)

Preheat grill.  Slice onions and cook them over medium low heat with butter & sugar until caramelized (usually about 20 minutes.)  Mix onion soup mix into ground beef and form into 4 patties.  Grill burgers until medium.  A few minutes before burgers are done top with cheese so it has time to melt.  At this point I also place buns cut side down on the grill to toast them a bit.

Once burgers are done remove from grill and place on buns.  Top with green chilis & onions.  Cut avocado in half and get rid of the pit.  Carefully slice each half long ways then spoon out to get slices.  Spread mayo on top half of bun and layer with avocado slices.  Serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment