Monday, February 11, 2013

Crockpot Mexican Chicken Lime Soup

This soup was so fresh!  I think we both liked it more than the chicken tortilla soup that I make.  The original recipe was not a crock pot recipe, but I have been loving mine lately so I adapted it!  I also added the cream last second, but you can leave that out if you want.  The soup was so yummy!

 
 
 
 
Mexican Chicken Lime Soup
adapted from Rachael Ray
 
1 onion, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
6 cups chicken broth
1 can pinto beans
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 2 limes
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup half & half
1 hass avocado, thinly sliced
rice
Crushed tortilla chips
shredded cheese
sour cream
 
Combine first five ingredients in the crockpot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Add pinto beans and heat through.  Shred chicken and add back to crockpot.  Stir in cilantro, limes, and half & half and season with salt and pepper.  Serve over rice with avocado, chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream to garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment