Monday, May 7, 2012

Salmon Salad w/ Boursin Cheese, Roasted Tomatoes & Artichokes

So here is another one of those meals that I saw on the menu somewhere and decided to re-create it at home!  We had a work lunch at Mesh restaurant downtown which was very good, and while I didn't order this salad I of course kept it in the back of my mind along with another couple that I'll get around to making someday.  The salad was great and I'm sure it was majorly due to the fantastic boursin cheese.  The only change I made was to make a simple red wine vinaigrette instead of the creamy cucumber dressing listed on the menu paired with this salad.  I thought the vinaigrette went perfect.








Salmon Salad w/ Boursin Cheese, Roasted Tomatoes & Artichokes
inspired by Mesh on Mass Ave.
serves 2

Mixed greens
2 salmon fillets
boursin cheese
pistachios
1/2 - 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 can artichoke hearts
Red wine vinaigrette (recipe follows)

Place salmon in a baking pan and surround with tomatoes & artichokes.  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until salmon flakes easily with a fork.  (Optional: cut up artichokes into bite size pieces, I did not do this but wished I had while we were eating).  Top mixed greens with salmon, crumbled boursin cheese, tomatoes, artichokes, and pistachios.  Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve!

Red Wine Vinaigrette
via Giada

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoons honey
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoons salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

Mix the ingredients well, taste & season if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment