Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pot Roast

Mmmm I am imagining the pup must be drooling in his cage right now at the smell in my house!  Sandra Lee's pot roast is cooking away...this recipe I found in the very first cookbook I ever purchased when we were first married at Sam's club for maybe 6 dollars.  It had a few "chefs" recipes at the beginning of the book and one was Sandra Lee's pot roast.  I searched the web but couldn't find this recipe of hers the same way it was in the book...so I don't have a link for you but boy is it good.



Pot Roast - please forgive my paraphrasing

Roast 3 to 6 lbs in size
2 cups red wine
1 pkg italian dressing mix
1/2 cup balsalmic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbls worcestershire sauce
4 cups (or more) beef broth
2 pkgs meatloaf seasoning
2 onions
couple stalks celery
carrots
other veggies if you wish...like maybe some mushrooms

1.  marinate roast overnight in wine, dressing mix, oil and vinegar, and worcestershire.
2.  discard marinade and pat dry with paper towels.  then brown or sear all sides of roast in olive oil.
3.  cook on low in crock pot 7-8 hours (or you could reduce cook time on high setting) in broth and meatloaf seasoning with veggies.

Can't wait to come home to this tonight.  And tonight I'm also baking (although I'm not sure how much baking is involved) a few treats for my hostess this weekend which I will share with you a little later.  They come courtesy of mrs. how sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment